- Select Events/Initiatives:
- “Startup Pitch”– an ongoing competition for students: a few of the best startups get access to ATV
- RAISE Forum - “Retention and Advanced Investment for the Southeast at Emory”
- The annual Summit with keynote speakers, workshops, panels and a pitch competition
- SE@G – Social Entrepreneurship center at Goizueta
- AHIA – “Advancing Healthcare Innovation in Africa” initiative
- Jason Siperstein Entrepreneurial Business Plan Competition
- EEN (Emory Entrepreneurship Network) facilitates some ongoing events for alumni, e.g. the annual “Emory Entrepreneur Awards” (just for the Emory community), which recognizes outstanding alumni entrepreneurs.
- Select Curriculum:
- Emory OTT runs an annual Kauffman course (6 full days over 7 weeks) based on the Kauffman FastTrac® TechVenture™ curriculum
- Goizueta Business School offers quite a few courses in Entrepreneurship, including: “entrepreneurship”, “applied entrepreneurship”, “applied lean startup”, “entrepreneurial accounting”, “entrepreneurial private equity”
- Emory Executive Education also offers a few relevant courses, such as the “business innovation: driving growth through experimentation”, “design thinking for business innovation”
- Incubators & Accelerators:
- Emory-wide 10-week accelerator program, Emory Startup Launch, launched on January 25, 2018.
- Goizueta Business School has a partnership with the Atlanta Tech Village (ATV), a startup lab and incubator.
- Mentorship: There are a few appointed EiRs (Entrepreneurs in Residence) at Goizueta, which participate in initiatives and mentor student entrepreneurs.
- Maker Spaces: Emory Student Digital Life TechLab in Cox Hall offers an area for new technologies to be introduced to the campus and evaluated for their use in academic life. Various technologies, including 3D printing and 3D scanning, are available.
- Select Student Clubs: Some of the student clubs include: EEVM – Emory Entrepreneurship & Venture Management (facilitates HackATL); EVCC - Emory Venture Capital Club; EiiG - Emory Impact Investing Group; CYC – Consult your community
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Institute - Dedicated to engagement, innovation and impact through entrepreneurship, the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Institute blends education and application through undergraduate and graduate courses, panel and guest speaker events, competitions, student organizations, a living-learning community, and incubation/acceleration.
- E-House - The Entrepreneurship House (E-House) Living Learning Community provides students at Georgia State University with entrepreneurial ambitions the chance to live, learn, and connect with others who share similar interests and aspirations. E-House is located in the University Commons housing complex.
- Herman J. Russell, Sr. Center for Entrepreneurship - The Russell Center for Entrepreneurship was endowed by Mr. Russell to empower a new generation of passionate leaders. The center offers competitions, a speaker series and other programming to help educate students, alumni and other members of the Atlanta entrepreneurial community.
- Launch GSU Student Incubator - A 24/7 access collaboration space for students to work on their startup projects, meet like-minded students, hear from community thought leaders, attend events, host meetings, and rally together to produce innovative projects.
- CREATE-X - CREATE-X is an initiative designed to build entrepreneurial confidence among students at Georgia Tech. Startups going through CREATE-X programs have raised outside capital, executed successful crowdfunding campaigns, and secured large corporate clients.
- VentureLab - VentureLab works with faculty and students to create startups based on Georgia Tech research using evidence-based entrepreneurship.
Shore Entrepreneurship Center - At the Robin and Doug Shore Entrepreneurship Center in the Coles College of Business, they pride themselves on training students and entrepreneurs who desire to better themselves, others, and society. They achieve this by bringing together the “best of the best” in entrepreneurship and providing transformational programs and experiences to their community.
- Morehouse College Entrepreneurship Center (MCEC) - The Morehouse College Entrepreneurship Center is a global model for higher education and industry collaborations, programs that connect education with student leadership development, and community-focused resources and support.