- Invest Georgia Exemption - Permits intrastate crowdfunding; aggregate amount Georgia-based companies can raise in a year increased from $1 to $5 million.
- Startup Tax Exemption - Provides a tax exemption for new and emerging technology businesses. Provides an exemption for businesses from paying the City’s license.
- Investment Tax Credit - Income tax credit available to existing manufacturing or telecommunications businesses that have operated a facility in Georgia for three years prior with a qualifying investment of $50,000 or more, and can be from 1-5% on new investment.
- Angel Investor Tax Credit - The law provides an individual state tax credit of up $50,000 on an annual basis for individual angel investors who invest in early stage, “qualified” Georgia companies between 2015 and 2018.
- Georgia Research Alliance Fund of 2008 - Gives a 25% tax credit only to limited partners within the fund. The GRA fund is seeded with taxpayer funds of between $7,000,000 and $10,000,000.
- Opportunity Zones - Available for new or existing businesses that create two or more jobs which can be taken against the business’s Georgia income tax liability and payroll withholding tax. The credit is available for areas designated by DCA as an “Opportunity Zone”.
- Research and Development Tax Credit - Eligible R&D expenditures increasing year over year may qualify for this tax credit which can be claimed against payroll withholding after corporate income tax is exhausted.