Become A Startup Atlanta Board Member
Startup Atlanta board members work together to advance Startup Atlanta's mission by connecting startups to investors, corporate leaders, and government officials, promoting our city, measuring our ecosystem, and celebrating our overall startup ecosystem.
Recruitment of board members is based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- Functional expertise and experience vacant from the board.
- Varied industry background from both start up and corporate i.e. technology, retail, marketing, law, government, investing, accounting, finance, etc.
- Representation and inclusion of gender, age, nationality, race, ethnicity, etc.
- Strong familiarity and connections with Atlanta’s startup community and stakeholders.
- Preferred experience in managing or sitting on a non-profit board.
- Preferred 3 year of business or tenure in Atlanta.
- Ability and bandwidth to meet and contribute to roles and expectations
Roles and Expectations
- Participation: must make every effort to attend all meetings with the exception of 2 per year. Phone participation is acceptable.
- Term: 2 years and may be re-elected for an unlimited number of successive terms.
- Committee Involvement: Lead at least 1 standing committee or special committee or sit on 2 standing. Can be waved at board discretion.
- Financial Contribution: “Give or Get” amount, Executive board members are expected to contribute a minimum of $1K in sponsorship. This amount will be reviewed annually.